[microsound] support microdistros

> Disitribution is the weakest link.

> Direct online sales.Downloadable files and collectable cds pressed in small
> batches to order until you have a customer base of people who collect you
> which equates to a good enough percentage to press in other ways.

> If you want to distribute then do so on your terms , i wont persoanlly deal
> with them though i have been offered worldwide distribution via 6-7
> different poeple .They dont like MY terms and conditions and want me to pay
> to send music to them after i invested in the studio , cds and time spent
> writing and then they want me to wait for them to pay me after they
> profit - and when they feel like paying me and usually after 3 hassling
> emails . . .NICE ONE !

Well, the reasons for this system are obvious, but certain larger distributors are
notorious for placing small labels/artists on low priority status in terms of payment.
But please keep in mind another form of distribution that has been increasing over the
years, which is "microdistribution." This usually is done through smaller distribution/mail
order channels like myself, Praemedia, Ground Fault, etc who often trade or pay the
labels/artists up front for their releases. And if I'm not able to buy stock up front,
sometimes I have to offer consignment situations, which for obvious reasons, is not the
most preferred way to deal, but helps get your release out to other channels quicker.
And please keep in mind that it's very risky for distributors to pay for items up front
because they could easily go out of business if the releases don't sell.

My main point is that just because you see a release for sale on my Diffusion page or in
other's shop pages, doesn't mean the labels/artists haven't been paid for it. By buying
releases from and/OAR or from the shops of other labels, you are not only supporting the
distribution channel, but you are also supporting an alternative network of artists
supporting other artists.

No matter how small it may seem, we are providing a service that circumvents and
perhaps will help reinvent how physical music formats are distributed in the future.

Best of luck, Dale

Dale Lloyd: http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html
and/OAR: http://www.and-oar.org/