Re: [microsound] support microdistros

Hi dale,

I know what your saying dale , fully agree , to be frank i havent heard of
microdistribution - i was more refering to some of the larger ones doing
dance , trance , etc etc though i am niot involved in this business anymore
..

"microdistribution." This usually is done through smaller distribution/mail
> order channels like myself, Praemedia, Ground Fault, etc who often trade
or pay the
> labels/artists up front for their releases.

thats a very different thing to my mind and i fully support this approach ,
to be frank its not so much wanting the earth or money upfront as a token
gesture or some sense that this is a  partnership or sharing and supportive
experience .

> My main point is that just because you see a release for sale on my
Diffusion page or in
> other's shop pages, doesn't mean the labels/artists haven't been paid for
it. By buying
> releases from and/OAR or from the shops of other labels, you are not only
supporting the
> distribution channel, but you are also supporting an alternative network
of artists
> supporting other artists.

Thats cool , alternative network of artists  supporting other artists is one
area i failed to kind of mention or consider fully as i havent had any
experience of it , thats the way. . when i said distribution i didnt mean
this kind , i'm all for what you do .

best wishes

jachin