Re: [microsound] CDs, CDRs, experimental/electronic music exposure

I guess it would depend on the radio station...

At the station I work at and have a show on, no way, we most
definitely *do not* automatically reject CDRs.  In fact, I would say
that a good 10-20% of the music in the new rack (especially in the
electronic music section, not so much in the indie) comes to us on
CDR.

that's a good thing. although i am generally not into CDRs as official releases, sending CDRs to radio is a good way to get some feedback and possible airplay/exposure, espeically those working in the underground/experimental realm. unfortunately, there are a lot of radio stations that do reject CDRs outright. i even have the feeling some live venues discount an artist if they receive a CDR instead of a pressed CD.

d.