Re: [microsound] software

IMPOSTURAS didst pen:
>>I´m looking for experimetal audio software special glitch music(for PC)

not sure what exactly you mean by experimental? should the software be
experimental, or should it be software for sound-experiments?.. anyway,
assuming the last and given that quite a few of these fall into the first
categorie just as well:
there is a whole section devoted to open source programs on the microsound
wiki

http://microsound.nexthop.net/bin/view.cgi/Main/OpenSourceSoftware

pd, cecilia and csound would be my personal recommendations from the list.
http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html here is an installer compiled
featuring most externals.

more nice programs, including granulab and audiomulch (wicked) are on the
granulator-wiki page:
http://microsound.nexthop.net/bin/view.cgi/Main/GranuLator

not free/open source but also great programs are: maxmsp, reaktor,
vaz-modular (the last being a "geheimtip")...

http://www.smartelectronix.com/ has heaps of experimental vst plugins you
can use within your daw, but also audiomulch, vazmod, and more...

http://www.plogue.com/ bidule from plogue is similar to pd/max, but less
sophisticated (thus easier to learn.... i would recommend to try (the free
beta), if you have no experience with modular systems... i have used this to
sketch ideas for pd patches in the past, i.e.

http://www.webcenter.ru/%7Evsoft/BitmapPlayer.htm
this was only posted to this list recently - wav/bmp/wav conversion, and
links to 3 other tools.
in a similar vain you could also check out coagula:
http://hem.passagen.se/rasmuse/Coagula.htm

http://www.ixi-software.net/
(do people use these´?)   these guys have various funny progs. personally
however i never managed to get much out of them, some wouldn't even work....

ok, guess there is more. i know of some very long link-lists existing,
couldn't dig them up atm though....

have fun, create and pro.. ah forget the last,
hidari

°°°
th_ost: tomoroh hidari_oliver stummer
acronymic symbiosis of alter & ego

http://www.tomoroh.com/
http://www.stiege44.com/
http://www.skug.at/

>> necro'phon'i'con (from Greek: Necros- dead, phon- sound, icon -picture,
representation; the book of dead sounds, or the image of dead sounds) a
standard reference work for the acoustic oddities of pulp-occultist lore.
made mostly from fragments of killed sounds, a franken- meets
wittgenstein-ian creation playing duelling banjos with all dsp available but
no banjos....
°°°°°