Re: [microsound] intentional soundcard hacking?

when you're running fruityloops 3 and you get a memory overload there are good noises from the patterns you've created.

Phil Thomson <philthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:I assume you've tried bufferoverride from destroyfx? skidder works well
too.

What other vst's have you come across that cause butter stuffer? I mean
buffer stutter?

I always do it the brute force way: run a java applet in Mozilla Firefox,
maybe another one in Mozilla, install and compile a program using Fink and
then use beta software like audacity with a few too many tracks. stutter
city. Does this not create the desire you want?

> Hello microsounders,
>
> I am wondering if anyone can share some tips or advice
> concerning intentional malicious code for soundcard
> hacking. I have messed with various vsts which aim to
> provide a skip of the buffer, but none give me the
> desired specific control I am looking for. My method
> now to achieve the sound I like, is to overload the
> puter until eventually it glitches and skips, and I
> can play with that somewhat, although the technique is
> not what i want to do, b/c once buffer is being
> altered, I can not seem to record the result. I am
> looking for any advice really on this matter.
>
> Thank you,
>
> d.

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!