Re: [microsound] powernoise

holy shit.
I come from Michigan, and I was kind of surprised to hear talk from the
low-key microsound board about power electronics-style noise, which is the sort of
stuff we listen to around here.
I don't really know where to begin here to tell you what it's like musically
with this stuff.
In Michigan we have Wolf Eyes and the American Tapes label which despite what
any of you laptoppers think remains great. We also have Animal Disguise run
by Mammal with Viki and Hair Police and a bunch of other people on it. And
there's a bunch of smaller labels around here too, I don't want to have to list
them.
Over in Minneapolis is the Freedom From label (http://www.freedom-from.com/)
with a bunch of stuff on it, a lot of it isn't noise but a lot of it is. If
you go to their links page you will find a bunch of labels that have noisyness
on them, you probably haven't heard of a lot of it.
Then of course there's Providence RI, from which comes the Load records label
(http://www.loadrecords.com/). This label houses a good synthesis of noise
and metal, with people like Lightning Bolt, Nautical Almanac, and Metalux
holding court. And Fort Thunder was from Providence too, which is important.

Uh, that's where most American power electronics seems to be coming from
these days, so go check it out.
bill