Re: [microsound] jetgroove's "business policy"

Taylor:
"i heard on the ableton live forums that they may be getting their MP3s from soulseek, or whatever...s.... someone there saw listing formats in the postings of his tracks on jetgroove that the were the same as formats of his track titles posted on soulseek..

that puts a whole new level of bad karma on jetgroove..."

they also list netlabels that make their mp3s available for free for sale. really it looks like one big attempt to get a bunch of people to pay 20 bucks to download tracks jetgroove doesn't really have. Hence why they have yet to take down AIM's stuff or Couchblip's despite both labels never signing the contracts. Have you asked them to take down the 12k stuff yet?

dres:
"is this not essentially free advertising for people
who produce music? As long as the track cannot be
downloaded illiegally then why would you not want the
press, even if it's a small degree of it?"

because we'd prefer press in the forms of reviews
etc. which we get from sending out promos, not from
being involved with a distributor falsely advertising
products they don't have.

I might add had jetgroove merely made it apparent
when you search for a release that this release isn't
available yet I wouldn't have as much of a problem
with this service.

Peace,