Re: [microsound] derrida r.i.p.

Yah, I have an idea: why?

I'd like to see someone here articulate how Derrida has influenced their
practice. In whatever form. Perhaps whoever is in favour could speak of how
Derrida has affected / effected their work before responding in kind.

Speaking to someone's death as an artist should not be taken as an
opportunity for yet another sonic photo op.

On my part,

    http://www.quadrantcrossing.org/blog/C625679076/E302526524/index.html

Given that Derrida had much to say on the subject of death and memorial,
perhaps those in favour can address these topics. It would show a degree of
respect of an-other's death.

in passing,

    tobias

>> Derrida died today:
>
> Anyone up for a Derrida memorial project. Perhaps if we could come across
> some recordings of him speaking, we could use those as source material. Or
> not. Anyone else have ideas about this?

> "Obituaries in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
> Popular Mechanics, 1949
>

> =========
> Phil Thomson
> home: http://www.sfu.ca/~pthomson