Re: [microsound] Re: us citizens... (OT)

>that's probably not the best way to start a conversation about this
>kind of thing...there are barely-veiled insults in there that are
>off-putting to the very people you hope to hear from.

I don't mean any of what I said to be insulting, and am not sure what would be taken as such other than the 'how could someone be conservative and an artist without a lot of cognitive dissonance?', particularly the 'cognitive dissonance' part. But, I don't mind my own political leanings shining through in the question, and that question is just what I'm trying to get a handle on. How can one make sense of being an arist, or being interested in artist issues, and still be a conservative? Help a lefty understand how someone on the right could smooth out the cognitive dissonance of their politics and their artistic pursuits/interests (or how there is no cognitive dissonance that arises at all) while knowing I'm not trying to insult anyone, just from my own standpoint, I don't know how else to frame the question.

Greg

http://spagirus.ivdt.net