Re: [microsound] Re: futurists + fascistas

on 11/4/04 9:42 PM, Phil Thomson at philthom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> Jurgen Habermas arges that this type of fascism occurs when one of the three
>> autonomous spheres of modernity (aesthetics/art, religion/ethics,
>> logic/science) sets out to determine politics solely on its own terms. This
>> is currently most obvious in Islamic fundamentalism where politics is
>> determined predominantly by religion. Christian fundamentalism posses an
>> equally dangerous outcome.
>
> True enough, and well put, but is "fascism" really the right term here?
> What does Islamic fundamentalism have to do with a bundle of sticks?

 phil darling,

  the bunch of sticks symbolizes: 'united we stand , divided we fall" , from
ancient rome , probably.

  you know that meteor that followers of islam make the pilgrimage in order
to kiss?

  one day (many years before your time) mohammed wanted to move that rock to
a central location (this is the way the story was told to me , anyway...)
since it had significance to the various desert tribes who were quarrelling.

 they got the rock under the blanket and each tribe leader grabbed a corner
and the weight was moved successfully.

 maybe it was a statue and not the meteor. the story is probably in the
kurash (a word i don't find in my dictionary. i do know that i'm using
os9.2.2 and for some reason my computer kurashed 15 times writing this
message , otherwise i'd look it up using google to make sure i got the
correct spelling.) .

 ta ta

 your devoted pack animal