Re: [microsound] usefulness of compressors/mastering in experimental music/glitch

the whole issue of mastering/perfecting is interesting considering the
glitch aesthetic.. this idea of dwelling in mistakes.. the idea of
perfecting or polishing off a mistake seems counterproductive. i mean,
look at punk music... as i've always said, my definition of grunge is
punk with a budget. it becomes something else, maybe not something
desirable, but certainly something else. part of the authenticity tied
to punk is low or intentionally low production values... can the same be
said of microsound, particularly the glitch aesthetic?

g.