[microsound] DVD audio?

question: why are there no really cutting edge DVD audio pieces out
there?

i was just perusing www.thedigitalbits.com and i still can't believe the
kinds of music that get remastered into 5.1 sound... i mean do we really
need surround sound versions of the bob dylan or elvis? it seems like
such a wasted opportunity for experimental electronic musicians to
explore this medium.  i have the (björk) vespertine 5.1 and a live
underworld, but i'd rather be listening to something that utilizes the
format a little more creatively...  can anyone turn me on to exception
mail or internet order DVD audio? i assume that's the only way to get
it. the genre really doesn't matter, so long as it's pushing the
envelope sonically. i'm still blown away by janet cardiff's stuff, and
would love if those kind of spatial qualities could get out of the
gallery, and beyond installation art, and enter the home.  god knows,
there's enough people out there listening to home alone 3 in surround
sound. why isn't there music, like ours, readily available? maybe i'm
wrong, but i'd love to proven otherwise.

g.