[microsound] SOUND INJURY call for submissions

sijis entertainment is truly honoured to present.....
Sound_injury volume one to seven
a lavish but immaterial box set of recordings from the famous sound_injury / sound_recovery newslist.
Surely you remember.....
Once upon a time a certain free email account let you set up newsgroups with one megabyte attachments. Hmmm... we thought what if
someone created newslist where people sent and adjusted sounds to each other, creating a sort of online exquisite corpse. Yes we
thought that would be a great idea.

Each month a source sound was set out to all the world wide members. This source sound could be anything from a sine wave to a
pounding feet of marchers on an anti-war protest [yes we were young and naive in those days] This source sound would be adjusted,
added to and sent back to all the group, who then adjusted the adjustments, and sent them back to the group. Well, you could imagine
what a glorious mess we created every month.
----------
Pretty simple eh?
So between 2001-2003 sound injury was alive. Then the email account changed it's rules about email attachments and our plug was
pulled.
Seven CDs were created during the game.
And now they are all available to download for free!
---------
But Here's the important part:
also and as an added bonus we would like to invite past present and future members of sound injury to apply their sound grinding
mechanisms once more just for old times sake. using any of the material provided sound smiths are asked to come up with a remix for
sound_injury eight, a kind of bonus disc dvd type of affair
---
please circulate to fellow sound_injurers and sound manglers how may have missed out the first time by being in DSP prison.
If you want to take part in the bonus disc sound_injury_08 here's what you need to do:
download some or all of the sound injury material. available here:

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury01
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury02
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury03
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury04
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury05
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury06
http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=sijis&collectionid=sound_injury07

And then using the same add/delete hit with a big stick rules you are welcome to create your own remix / response to the Sound
Injury project.

Try and encode your mp3s as 256kbps. and send them to: soundinjury8@xxxxxxxxx
[this address will only accept attachments of up to 10 megabytes so email if your composition is bigger than that]

DEADLINE:  Please send you compositions by midnight 31st December 2004
thank you.

www.sijis.com