Re: [microsound] [OT] Glut of new cds of just no money to spend?

This is a fascinating subject?one that I?ve been
struggling with for some time now. I find that because
the tools and delivery mechanisms have become so
readily available and immediate we as users have lost
the ability to determine between the professional and
the independent.

Ultimately I think the key is in the delivery of the
art. The CD/album format is an extremely old linear
means for the creation of art. Contrasting that?the
mp3 delivery is completely non linear in it?s
delivery. I think we need to find new models or
objects for delivery. My music recommendations and new
music acquisitions are based entirely on user feedback
from my friends and collective.

In an ideal society music and art should be freely
distributed. Unfortunately we have been condition to
associate ownership with art. Breaking that consumer
association will take time.

--
+ eric.bollman
   www.ericbollman.com