Re: [microsound] [OT] Glut of new cds of just no money to spend?

A few years ago, I was interested in buying as much of everything as I
could.  I had shipments coming in all the time from Forced Exposure,
Anomolous, and Downtown Music Gallery, not to mention the usual
suspects.  It was great getting to know a wide variety of music, and
my CD collection ballooned.  But as I listened to more and more music,
my tastes started to get much more specific.  I had much less of a
need to keep up with certain artists and more of a desire to buy only
the better disks.  It's now almost six months since I last bought a
CD, whereas I used to spend at least 100 bucks a month on them.
Instead of getting more CDs, I've decided to invest in better
equipment to reproduce the ones I have.  I will continue to purchase
CDs from time to time, but I've long lost the desire to hear
everything.