Re: [microsound] [OT] Glut of new cds of just no money to spend?

I DO NOT buy less CDs than I used to. SO THERE!  :-)

I believe that people bore themselves and then blame it on things like
a "glut of CDs" or a "lack of new ideas".

As mentioned before, what I've noticed are high CD prices.
If some labels are complaining about a lack of cash flow, then one place to look is at their prices (including shipping).

As for file sharing versus buying CDs, I agree with Graham Miller.
If you have no qualms about paying for things like cigarettes, beer
or Cheetos, then what's the big deal about commerce in music?

The only problem I see with money is in how it's perceived.
It's often looked at as either an "evil thing" or the most desired thing
in a person's life, when in reality, it's really just a neutral manifestation of energy flowing through people's lives. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, my self-help workshop is over. ;-)

Best, Dale