Re: [microsound] seoul, korea

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:19:27 -0800 (PST), holzkopf
<holzkopf_head@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hello,
>
> this may be a hard question to get answers to, but, it
> looks like i've landed in Seoul, Korea and will be
> here for some time, a few months, and I was wondering
> if anyone knew anything about the music scene here?

Welcome to Seoul, Jake.  I'm a longtermer--just starting my tenth
year.  If you do electronic improv, there's a burgeoning scene.  Check
here:

http://www.bulgasari.com

Hope you can pick up some Korean quick :-)

There are also some free jazz related improv gigs connected to Alfred
harth, who lives here now:

http://www.alfredharth.blogspot.com/

Alfred was a longtime German improviser connected to Heiner Goebbels.
he's now a member of Otomo Yoshihide's New Jazz Quintet, and also a
very nice neighbor.

Big hip hop techno scene in the Hongdae area.  Mill around and read
the posters or get someone to interpret them for you :-)

all the best