Re: [microsound] State of Music

hello all,

er another post: i'm doing a sound installation for my
art exhibition in january in london. i need to find
out how formal the copyright thing is if i use, say,
an autechre track in the sound installation (which
would obviously be credited).

whats the copyright position? do i need to get some
kind of special licence? or what? people play records
in clubs and no-one gets busted-well i never did in a
multitude of places that i'm pretty certain didn't pay
$ to the Performing Rights Commision (uk).

anyway: i'd be grateful ofr any help and advice.

best

ben guiver

ps: if anyone would like to come to the exhibition, or
wants more info, email me and i'll send you a poster,
press release.