Re: [microsound] thoughts on the 56k chalenge and other things

greg g;

> no, you're missing the point.  everyone here is really obsessed with all
> these "constraints" and stuff, like only using certain software or
encoding,
> or certain samples, like the microsound releases for example.

Makes perfect sense. It might be hard to find some rules to determine wether
something is indeed good but then again, it´s not that much easier to
objectively verify some random piece was indeed based on -say- field
recordings of Berlin or inspired by some writer.....

The one problem might be that people who write very high quality material
will often also be very critical of themselves while a lot of mediocre
pieces come from people who believe themselves to be "the new messiah" (or
Aphex or Tiesto as the case may be). This might adversely affect the
selection of pieces uploaded. Perhaps your project should be based on people
sending in "good" pieces by their friends (of cource with the permission of
those friends)?

I don´t think I´m even completely joking here. The more I contemplated that
paragraph before hitting "send" the more sense it made.

Kas.