Re: [microsound] [ot] the 56k challenge

derek holzer;

> Another idea would be to provide song "fragements" that could be
> arranged randomly, in a playlist, or by some other set of instructions.
> There was a whole bunch of stuff done on the Fallt site a while back
> that simply used the broswer's "refresh" function to mix a series of
> *extremely* small fragments. Total size of the various "tracks" ranged
> started somewhere around 6 or 12 Kb. I think maybe Pimmon was involved
> in that project.

Similarly, Gescom´s release "MD" takes advantage of the data compression of
minidisks. Because of the data compression and thus the relatively large
buffer minidisk players can be randomised or programed so there will be
audio without gaps inbetween tracks. Quite usefull, I think, to be able to
use such advantages of a medium. It would´ve been nice if such releases
would be more common and usable as a creative plaything, much like locked
grooves on records.

Kas.