Re: [microsound] Death of electronic music

On Jan 23, 2005, at 2:17 PM, John McCaig wrote:

Blah blah blah blah blah -- that's what you sound like to me!

;-)

i fart on you.

That's the spirit. ;-)

but seriously, i think what has ending is technical difficulty of
making electronic music.

In regards to commercial applications, yes. It is very easy for someone to fire up Reason and knock out some tunes. Of course, there are still areas and applications that require a lot of knowledge and experience. Morphing one sound into another still amuses my friends pretty well (or at least I'd think it would).

now, anyone with a computer can make some in an evening, its up to
artists to now to make Art. we just cannot be awed by DSP magic
anymores.  content will be king.

I'm not sure if I agree with this or not, but if it is true, it can only be a good thing. I've heard far too many warbling sine waves out of academia in my day... and I've not even been around that long. ;-)

- John