Re: [microsound] [ot] minidisc recorders

Mika Martini wrote:
"Last I heard, it was still impossible to download recorded tracks from minidisc digitally..." ¿this is true??? even in the Sony Hi-MD MZ-NH700 ??

Like I just wrote, you can transfer digitally from a full-sized deck, but not from a portable. Doesn't help you much "in the field". The HiMD is a nice idea, but it uses a proprietary system to do it. That means you are trapped with *their* software to do your transfers. Nobody else can write a different utility to do the trick. So if you have an unsupported OS [like Linux, maybe also Mac OS9, for example] or you want a feature that doesn't exist [maybe you'd like to "gate" the input so you don't record silence, or whatever...] it cannot be done. I hope I'm not the only person who finds this important...

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl
---Oblique Strategy # 36: