Re: [microsound] essay on TWiki site

If this is at all considered to be representative of even a critique of dj
culture, the least I can say is that it is, as Graham hinted at,
authoritarian and, perhaps worse, incredibly boring. In fact, it's even
insulting to Adorno, who had much more interesting and even subtle things to
say of the culture industries, despite also indulging in this similar
parallel to the article -- not digging various musics and styles of
performance originating from cultures of colour (Jamaica, African-Americans,
etc -- Adorno's favourite demon in music was jazz. John Cage, on the other
hand, saw jazz as the future. And for that matter, Nam June Paik,
grandmother of new media, dug vinyl and dj culture too .. just giving some
counter-balance on this tip .. do I sound like a broken record? Only because
issues of RACE seem so occluded in this context .. ).

Kid Koala? Scratch Picklz? Jeff Mills?
    Grandmaster Flash's Adventures on the Wheels of Steel?
Dj Rolando? Underground Resistance? Dj T-1000?
    Richie Hawtin? Phillip Sherburne?
    Frankie Bones? Laurent Garnier?
Dj CRAZE? Q-Bert? [they developed SCRATCH NOTATION .. ]
    Mixmaster Mike?
    Fishead?
    Dan Doormouse?
    Algorithm?

    MARTIN TETREAULT?

    PHILLIP JECK?

    ESTHER BOURDAGES?

    NAM JUNE PAIK?

    JANEK SCHAEFER?

... all djs ..

It's not even worth responding to: this kind of pseudo-aesthetic garbage
mainly consists of bad stereotypes masquerading authoritarian aesthetics as
"cultural critique."

Poor Debord.

- tV

> reeks of adorno idiocy...
>

>> http://microsound.nexthop.net/bin/view.cgi/Main/IbanezEssay
>> I also created a link to it from the main page so you can find it there
>> as well:
>> http://microsound.nexthop.net/bin/view.cgi/Main/WebHome
>> enjoy!
>> KIM