Re: [microsound] Lemur!

kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> So, is the art the score or the sound that comes from the violin? If it
> is just the score, why do we need to play it? If it is the sound coming
> from the violin, the player interprets the score to produce the art,
> and is thusly an artist. Give the same score to several different
> violinists and you'll end up with several different pieces of music.
> The score just serves as a template for the musician to interpret.

  every person you know who likes music can read music ? Not every person who
can play an instrument is an "artist" , are you suggesting they are? They can
all interpret scores and place a bit of themselves in there? I know lots of
shit musicians, myself included , I would not suggest that they are all
Beethovens.

"He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels"
Henri Michaux

www.flickr.com/photos/jpaul23/