Re: [microsound] Lemur!

it's not as far fetched as one might think... before MIDI tracking on
guitar was any good, there was a really expensive option to hardwire the
frets of the guitar so that contact with the string would trigger a MIDI
event...  you can imagine the routing and wiring maze in the neck of the
guitar, plus the huge possibility for malfunction... not very practical
at all...

the only reason why i say guitar for the interface is simply because the
lemur would face the audience, as opposed to a table top interface...  a
'keytar' (think chick corea elektric band) configuration would probably
make more sense... provided it's not used to play bad eighties fusion:)

it would be so totally futuristic, it's ridiculous...

g.