Re: [microsound] Lemur!

What about.... Technology liberates people from the constraints of having
to 'learn' something as dead-ended as a physical instrument?

:D

- Mark

Oh dear God I hope you're kidding, but if you're not, that's a jaw dropping statement. I don't see how anyone can consider themselves a musician or even a lover of music without being awed at a display of mastery over a physical instrument. The amount of minute motor control honed over decades, synapses working in perfect harmony with appendages, the mind performing astronomical calculations on the fly in order to make horse hair dragging over cat gut sound beautiful? It's one of the greatest heights to which a human can aspire. I'm sorry, but it doesn't take a tenth the skill to twiddle knobs (even if you built the box and wrote the software) that it does to master a "dead-ended physical instrument".

kp