[microsound] [REMINDER] NAW AND FRIENDS LIVE APRIL 1ST 2005 mtl

APRIL 1st 2005 Noise Factory Records will be holding another
one of its  artist showcase series at the Casa Del Popolo. This time around Noise Factory
presents label artist NAW  performing live along side 2 of his favorite
local Montreal electronic music making collectives; Le-son666's very own
INTERCOM and Panospria's ARGON FLOOZY.
The night will be a FREE no frills but all thrills type of evening and
promisses to feature all new material by these 3 local montreal electronic music talents.
so make sure to come out and get your chin scratching, head bobbing,
body moving, feet shuffeling thing on FRIDAY APRIL 1 2005 at the Casa Del
Popolo 4873 St-Laurent, show time is 9pm.

FRIDAY APRIL 1st 2005

Noise Factory Records brings you another night of free live music

featuring live performances by:

NAW - gearing up for yet another new release this time on the newly
founded quebec city label pertin_nce, as well as an up comming appearence
at this years SONAR festival in barcelona spain, NAW will once again
showcase his own personal
take on post electronic dance music featureing all new never heard befor
material, so get ready to have your dancing feet on and your head ready
for some bobbing as you never really know what to expect from a live set
by this artist.

also appearing on this special night will be 2 of naws personal favorite
local artists:

INTERCOM - le-son666's very onw electronic trio will showcase new
digital beats and crunchy noises, dancing or trying-to-dance is recommended.

ARGON FLOOZY - panospria's newset sextet project will
construct and manipulate a sonic whirlpool of moody music and dense
soundscapes with their unusual instruments and strange techniques.

and rounding out the nigths entertainment will be last minute special
guest mp3 dj selector DJ NAWPOD
NAWPOD will be helping to keep the party going before, after and in
between the live musical acts for the evening with various selections from
canadian indie mp3 netlabels.

when:
FRIDAY APRIL 1 2005
where:
CASA DEL POPOLO,
4873 St-Laurent
time: 9pm
how much:  FREE

for more info visit: http://www.noisefactoryrecords.com
contact joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  or naw@xxxxxxxxxx

BIOS/INFO

NOISE FACTORY RECORDS
http://www.noisefactoryrecords.com
Taken from various interviews with Joe English, Noise Factory Records the
man behind the label:  "All roads lead back to Joy Division. They were the
most influential band during my teen years. From that point, everything
else fell into place. At one point I was so into electronic industrial
music that I began adopting the anti-guitar philosophy of Test Department.
That didnt last long. The next major influence came with David Sylvians
Secrets of the Beehive. I suppose these two musical styles represent the
scope of what would become Noise Factory Records. As for the Noise
Factory, it began as a college radio show on CHRY during the early 90s.
The show played mainly industrial, electronic and ambient music. We had a
couple of parties under the Noise Factory moniker, but once we graduated
university it all kind of ended. Life began to play its cruel little game.
I got a job at IBM and hated every day. So I started the label in 1996. I
knew nothing about running a label, and I had no contacts but I had a good
friend that was in a band, and wanted to put out an album. It made sense
at the time and it still makes sense."
"The Noise Factory is not made up of musicians or former record
executives. The Noise Factory came into existence out of a need and desire
for something new. We truly believe the music we represent is some of the
most wonderful and beautiful music currently being made. Unlike many indie
labels we offer a different viewpoint, one of the music lover and
consumer."

NAW
www.noisefactoryrecords.com

montreal native neil wiernik began his explorations in electronic music
making as early as 1988. known to push the boundaries of his musical form,
naws music is a blend of sound manipulation/design, experimental music and
dub-tech rhythms, which on the surface sound quite simple, but incorporate
a number of touches that steer this artist away from being simply another
minimal techno or experimental laptop artist. he combines post-house,
dubby minimal techno, microsound and thick ambience, to create his own
version of deep techno, house and other electronic laptop oriented musics.
neil has released music on various national and international record
labels, including recent releases on clevermusic, pertin_nce, and his
follow up full length to his 2002 noise factory release called green
nights orange days. naw has recently returned from tours in france,
germany, and canada. to co-enside with his recent releases on noise
factory and clevermusic and plans to return to europe this summer for more
tours including a performance at the now legendary sonar festival in
barcelona, spain. naw is currently preparing a new release titled terrain
vague for the pertin_nce label out of quebec city due for release in early
April 2005.

INTERCOM
http://www.le-son666.com/intercom

The electronic trio intercom will showcase new digital beats and
crunchy noises (some of it could appear on their upcoming full-lenght)
along with radical reworkings of their first self-titled cd.
Dancing/trying-to-dance is recommended. And be warned: any boring
chin-strokers will be shot on sight. Okay?

Argon Floozy
http://www.panospria.com/

A local sextet mostly comprised of members from the Panospria collective,
Argon Floozy is their latest group project since Kokoro No Jojishi in
2003. On this evening they will construct and manipulate a sonic whirlpool