Re: [microsound] AI in microsound -> Continuator

Hello There!

Sony has an intresting project called "The Continuator".
The Continuator project involves a real time interaction with a system
that learns musical styles. With the Continuator, users can play music as
they wish, and the system will automatically engage in a dialogue by
producing musical phrases designed as continuations of user input.
Gradually, the dialogue becomes more and more interesting and challenging
as the system continuously learns from all the previous interactions. We
are interested in the forms of excitement produced, and the links with,
e.g. the theory of Flow.

Check it's homepage:
http://www.csl.sony.fr/Research/Experiments/Continuator/index.php

Regards,