Re: [microsound] acousmatic music

at mutek last year, i was at the raster-noton evening at a club type
space (i forget the name). well attended but  really aggravating for
me because it seemed like everyone was talking through out the entire
night which kind of ruined carsten's set for me, as he had some very
quiet parts lost in the din.

i think the venue certainly played a part in how people were
responding (or not responding) to the music. unfortunately, some of it
turned into background noise. the audience seemed more energized by
olaf's techno-ish set, which was more appropriate (volume,
dance-ability) for the place.

im not trying to sound like a curmudgeon since i did have a good time
but certain things are better presented in non-club/bar environs.

--
v'