Re: [microsound] noise to signal (subjective...)

Kim, since this problem comes around every 6-8 months or so, and since
the philosophers, quasi-philosophers, and quasi-theorists end up being
told how boring they are relative to all the other enlightening
activity going on around here, I'd almost suggest forming another list
devoted entirely to the subject you describe:  the aesthetics of
digital and post-digital music.  There's little point in fighting the
force of "noise."

Failing that, though, perhaps people could talk about what they are
reading or have read recently that is music-related or about the
aesthetics of recent disc acquisitions.  For myself, I like the links
that people send around about articles adjacently connected to the
list content, like the one today about how music gets stuck in the
head.  And occasionally, it's nice to get a link from someone like
John Nowak about AIDS in Africa, since it's never good to stick one's
head in the sand, even on a music list :-)