Re: [microsound] noise to signal (subjective...)

absolutely.. as things evolve naturally on the web, this list has taken on
a wider (and better) articulation of microsound is - whatever that means,
specifically - that the original (and fairly limited and
egocentrically-biased manifesto) originally suggested...  i have no use for
playlists and what not, but it doesn't curb my enthusiasm...  philosophical
arguments with no hard links or examples are pretty self-indulgent...  i
mean it's only e-mail, honestly... the amount of redundant  pizza flyers
deposited in my snailmail  mailbox day after day don't compare to wealth of
info and sense of community i feel here... i say bring it on... besides
hitting delete can be exercise... think of the calories you're burning.
this is good thing. not to mention the great brain power involved in rapid
eye scanning, assimilated, dismissing, and filtering of vast amounts of
information on the fly, useful or otherwise...  it's part of the posthuman
and cybernetic  mentality propagated my the entire microsound aesthetic, i
think... we're multitasking data creatures... by reverting back to more
conservative morals, who knows how much great info could be lost in the
process? value is in the eye of the beholder and this is not necessarily a
list just for the people that started it... ultimately, it's grown and
matured beyond that. i'm fascinated by all aspects of this list, commercial
or otherwise...  provided it's related.

my two cents...

g.