Re: [microsound] two very important questions

yes fortean (sorry for the spellerzz) and other methods do keep music and
power structures separate, i just personally find it a bit dull when that
is the case. i think its more interesting when a wider framing of a piece
is taken in consideration.

> I think that, for the most part, musical theory ( I assume you meant
> fortean
> set theory ?) and power structures aren¹t related...maybe they¹ve gotten a
> bit closer at times, but I think they¹re fairly distinct.

>> michael trommer;
>>> I don't think this has anything to do with the music itself, but rather
>>> with
>>> its distribution and dissemination.
>>
>> perhaps, but after studying Fortian set theory or Schenkerian analysis,
>> you realise you really need this stuff to make an analysis come close to
>> meaning anything. analysing 'the music itself' (if that's entirely
>> possible i'm not sure) leaves too much behind. (do you think?)
>>

>> http://www.altho.org
>> arts community

http://www.altho.org
arts community