Re: [microsound] MUTE article on PD + free software

i've been using Live's sequencing abilities for my studio work since it
first came out, and my work is probably the furthest from anything Monolake
ever dreamed of, much less related to anything coming out of loop-crazy
Germans (and kompakt is one of my favorite labels).

granted i never actually use it live (or any software for that matter); i
dont even think i really know how to use it effectively in "loop" mode,
which is how i assume The 80% use it.

it's unfair to target the tools instead of the creativity/flexibility of
the user, but it's got a resonate ring of truth in it. however, i think
it's less the influence of the tool than it is the desire to sound like
someone else and by turn imitating their method and tools.

but hey, lazy people have the right to music too. :)
___
http://craque.net