Re: [microsound] closed captioned

David @ Audiobulb;

> I think the split is less about the difference in content of the two lists
> and more about the perceived need of its recipients. I am thinking that
> maybe some of the people here are quite self-contained.... working within
> their own sphere and not feeling the need to look outside of that....
others
> want to here about what is going on in the world of microsound.

Yes, I think that might very well be true to some degree. I know I find I´m
gaining much more from getting discussion to read or links to articles or
pointers to books then I am getting out of anouncements of shows I can
rarely attend. I think a split list where I could get one and not the other
would serve my needs much better. I don´t think this has anything to do with
"living within my own sphere" even if I may do so in some regards. I think
being interested in discussions and discussing would be opposed in additude
to being self contained. I like things that serve my preceived needs, I´m
also weary of people that feel my preceived needs are wrong and that imply
that I should instead preceive to need what they want me to need.

> So how many people on the discussion list are NOT going to sign up for the
> promotion list?

Well, I´m not signing up to the anouncements list. I find the amount of
anouncements on this list makes the discusions harder to follow, partially
because -as was pointed out elsewhere- people are using threads from
discussions for anouncements. If it were easier to sort the anouncements I
might feel differently but with many of these events it takes me some time
to even figure out what *continent* this event is held on. This makes these
equivalent to noise in my experience. If some sorting cireteria could be
established I might feel different. I could sort [cd] advertisements from
[record] ones and of cource regardless of how facinating the topic of a
performance is; I simply won´t attend it if it´s in Sidney or Brazilia this
evening since I am in The Hague.

This is indeed serving my preceived needs, I have some hope that the split
might lead to more statisfaction in my subjective experience. I´m not
ashamed to admit that some of the best aspects of my life are purely comming
from fullfilling my preceived needs. I realy, realy like that. Now I´m going
to bake eggs with ham and cheese for breakfast. I don´t actually need those
but I expect that won´t matter at all in my perception.

;¬)
Kas.