Re: [microsound] OSX 'Tiger' performance issues?

On May 26, 2005, at 12:10 AM, Adam Young wrote:

Just upgraded to Tiger... I was excited about it for a long time.
After
booting into it for the first time, I immediately felt a great
sense of
regret.

Everything is terribly slow now and buggy. Lots of software
crashes, etc. Is
anyone else experiencing this?

Nope.

And no, that isn't a "nope, you fucked up", it is just "nope". ;-)

One thing that helped was googling a little bit and finding some
quick hacks
and things that disabled the “spotlight” feature. I didn’t want to
disable
it but it did certainly make a difference. Anyone else have any
experiences
or thoughts on problems with this new OS?

After the initial indexing, spotlight is quite well behaved for me.

I have had no problems other than Safari crashing. I dislike Tiger
for other reasons (Apple raping its own interface guidelines,
pointless shit like Dashboard, a Finder that still sucks, etc).

- John