From: "Bill Ashline" <ashline@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [microsound] non-electronic (was: niblock)

On 5/12/05, Mr.D <craque@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There is a wonderfully rich amount of music - much of it from the
> last century that has nothing to do with electronica or glitch -
> which I grew up with and love (in fact just this morning I was
> grooving on some of the Hal Willner Mingus tribute).

Yeah, I've been spinning a lot of old O'Jays music of late along with
early Isaac Hayes, Curtis Mayfield, some of the MFSB, and of course
Marvin.  That early seventies soul music never gets old to me, even
when the sugar gets a bit thick.  And I've also been enjoying the
caramel voice of Charlie Musslewhite, and the sublime throat singing
of Huun Huur Tu.
--
Phonograph, n. An irritating toy that restores life to dead noises.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary