Re: [microsound] RE: summertime project?

Hmm, no movement on this for nearly a week...

I'm not sure if there is a person "in charge" of this project; maybe
the thread starter?  I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but
if nobody else is interested in taking charge, I'd be interested/able
to...

We seem to have a fairly wide range of options, but one of the
overarching themes (as I read it) is using the sounds of your locale
as the basis of a composition.  For many, that might be the sounds of
insects, of people jumping into a swimming pool, of thunder.  For
others, the sound of cold rain, of boots in the snow, of rustling
leaves.  (pardon me if those sounds are completely out of whack for
those of you in the southern hemisphere; i'm basing it on my knowledge
of winter in the northern hemisphere)

So it seems to me that what we should do is first collect the sounds
of "summer" (and if you're interested/willing, provide those sounds by
hosting them/linking to them from the wiki) and then work those into a
composition of your own desire.  At the end of the summer we upload
the files for everyone to enjoy, and perhaps, given the interest,
provide a CD to those who wish one.

Now, maybe I've completely misrepresented people's desires here, but
if not, does this sound like a good point of departure for the
project?

cheers,

nick