Re: [microsound] non-verbal encounters of the 3rd kind...

No your memory does not play tricks. In my sickness i have been watching some rare TV and caught Forbidden Planet just a few days ago on some channel( i watch about an hour of TV a week so i am not to keen on what channels are out there besides cartoon network/Comedy Channel)

The scene you described made me sit up in my seat and say, "Wow." That was cool!
It was very microsoundish. I very much enjoyed all the sound elements in the film, keeping in mind that the film was made some 40 plus odd years ago. anyone know who did the sound in that film? The same gent who did the score?

aLEKs