Re: [microsound] non-verbal encounters of the 3rd kind...

from the liner notes of the album:

?We design and construct electronic circuits which function electronically in
a manner remarkably similar to the way that lower life-forms function
psychologically,? the composers explain. ?There is a comprehensive
mathematical science explaining it, called ?Cybernetics,? which is concerned
with Control and Communication in the Animal and Machine.  It was first
propounded by Prof. Norbert Wiener of M.I.T. who found that there are certain
natural laws of behaviour applicable alike to animals (including humans) and
electronic machines.  In scoring FORBIDDEN PLANET ? as in all our work ? we
created individual cybernetic circuits for particular themes and leit motifs,
rather than using standard sound generators.  Actually, each circuit has a
characteristic activity pattern as well as a ?voice.? Most remarkable is that
the sounds which emanate from these electronic nervous systems seem to convey
strong emotional meaning to listeners.?

there's a great reaktor patch called 'krel' which does this sound justice...
do a search on the native instruments page..

g.