Re: [microsound] tastes like microsound

i definitely agree with this sentiment.
there's an awful lot to be said for wide-eyed exploration.
and at the same time.. a friend once quoted
someone-or-other-who-is-regarded-as-'important' as having once said
something to the effect of "the only reason for abject experimentation in
art is the purpose of avoiding the straightforward expression of an honest
emotion."
i wrote it off immediately, but it stayed with me and continues to gnaw at
me.
i think there's something to it. i don't think it's dead-on or anything..
but i do think that experimentation for experimentation's sake can become as
much of a crutch as imitative catharsis for imitative catharsis' sake.

i suppose all i'm really saying is that there's no proper way to simplify or
formulize the process.
and i guess it's just best to allow yourself to be surprised and try not to
get defensive about it.

i'm sure this has all been said before, too. frequently.

my.02
-b.