[microsound] Deepen South Sounds

  Hey Micro People . .

Just thought you all might be interested in some goings on from below the 42 parallel.

    Yes despite being the middle of winter, we still like to party
    outside.  See the grounds frozen, so it makes dancing better
    than in the spring!

    Anyway .. we have been experimenting with the environment of
    dance parties, by inserting microsound into the fringes and
    beyond.

    The most recent experiments saw some rather broad manipulation
    of the entire party system.  I would encourage others to try
    this type of performance.

    Despite the seemingly noisy environment, your ears become very
    sensitive to sounds and are able to distinguish even the delicate
    delivery of some microsound.

    For an audience unfamiliar with microsound, it is also a safe
    and curious environment for them to discover the more abstract
    approaches to audio that microsound offers.

Read the brief here:

    https://www.obscure.co.nz/incoming/organization_and_influence

    owning space ' reinstating collective value: finding focal points
    of distributed energy: spatial connection of interacting systems

    A quick review of results here:

    https://www.obscure.co.nz/incoming/getting_back_in_the_deep_end

    Creating new potential and culture through Audio & Art. Can
    experimental audio subvert the dance party scene and extend
    the possibilities.

    Or a previous event experiment here:

    https://www.obscure.co.nz/incoming/dont_let_art_hold_you_back

    The Omni-directional mic was feed via the delay into the Surround
    speakers and then onto the main sound system. The Dj system was also
    feed into the surround speakers.

A big "thank you" to the myriad of Creative Commons music that has provided extended playlists for these experiments.

    In most occasions, the playlists of the music has been available
    via my laptop screen.  I also feature much of the music on my
    Speakeasy podcast, which provides the audience with links to all
    the websites where I find my content.

    Check it:  http://psurkit.net/show/speakeasy_019.php

      .

     Tah ' wicked . love from the Southern most microsounds

    .simon