Re: [microsound] [OT] So, how much spit does it take to fry a powerbook?

As i plug away on my laptop, snack on a Napolitan, and take extreme caution to keep the food and drink away from my workspace/comp, i inhale a light and fluffy bit of the Napolitan's crust. That light, flaky, heavenly bit of pastry heads straight down my windpipe and i begin to struggle for my life(At least it felt that way, i could not breathe)

I explode in a fit of coughing and gagging, i can not breathe, and i am in a panic. Do note that i still have the good sense to turn away from the Laptop to avoid showering it with food debris. I hack and gasp for breathe for a few minuets. I slowly gain my composure and the coughs and gags slowly subside. I put all drinks and food away and curse my self for breaking the no food/drink rule around my laptop. I sit back down to finish my days schlock, and one last cough makes its way to the surface, quickly followed by an ever oscillating orb of spittle travelling in a high arc. It lands right on my keyboard and begins to seep into the gaps between the keys. I could only get so much with my fingers in a panic(skin is not very absorbent). Embarrassingly it seemed to be a lot of spit.

At that point i just gave up, sat back and waited for the fire works. Sweet a new g4 Power book down the drain!

They never came. All is well. I did get a napkin and pressed the keys real hard to get what remaining spit i could see under my keys, but i have to wonder, just how bad does it have to be to fry your laptop?(Yeah a glass of water will do the trick but thats not what i am talking about) I have always been afraid of even an errant dew drop from a beer or soda landing on my keyboard. Anyone lose a Laptop to a similar situation? Minor spill, dew drop from drink?

aLEKs