[microsound] RE: Are all electronic music related writers bad writers?

Adam Young <adam_young@xxxxxxxxx> done wrote:
> it goes on for a
> paragraph of 2
> describing the album/piece/tracks in a manner like
> this "So and So's
> Super Album is an experience similar to riding a
> train in heaven with
> seats made of purple tigers ...

I personally love reading that stuff - if they wrote
about us in strictly concrete terms, we'd all sound so
similar on paper that readers would probably not be
interested in more than a couple cds of "experimental
electronic music". Usually those give me a much better
idea of what to expect from the music than a more 'by
the numbers' review. The best ones combine the
imaginitive writing with some technical information
about how the cd was made (instrumentation, processes,
etc.)

> FILE UNDER:
> Mighty Techdub Lightnings
>
> What does THAT mean?

Haha, to my experience, self-assigned tags like that
are used almost exclusively for out-of-date techno
(drum n bass or something), where the well-known genre
name is something that was getting old back in 1998.