Re: [microsound] Shockfront Recording

hi thomas
i'd be interested in hearing this.
can you please provide a more precise link to the audio file.
i find it hard to find my way through the spaceweather.com site.
thanks very much.
with best regards
jason kahn

Dear Microsounders,

For a hit of macrosound energy before it scrolls please feel free to check out my audio capture of yesterday's solar flare shockfront. This X18 plus magnitude event was one of the largest solar flares in recorded history.

I captured this specimen on my homebrewed stereo radiotelescope array made out of modified shortwave radios and dipole antennas which feed into chart recorders and simultaneously into a Panasonic stereo VCR that I use as an audio recorder. I don't know if anyone else ever uses VCRs as audio recorders but they're very nice for 8 and 10 hour long recordings.

Use stereo headphones for best effect; the file plays 22.2 MHz in one ear, and 22.7 MHz in the other. The plasma oscillations kick in about one minute into the three minute soundfile.

Trippable if played at moderate to loud volume.

www.spaceweather.com

Thomas Ashcraft