Re: [microsound] OT- HW: one keypad controlling 2 computers over usb?

Simple enough indeed! :)
hehehe
Just to add to this interesting suggestion:
If you are going to try this you will want to buy two shitty "quiet" keyboards (like the kind that cost 10 bucks) as they are the easiest and most simple of designs. You can basically pull a rubber matt out of one and set it on top of the other and see what happens. :) I doubt it will work without a lot more effort, but hey it's worth a try right? :)

On another note, there used to be software for Winnt and Irix that passed mouse and keyboard data through the network and it worked as though it were physically connected. I mention this because it's the most likely way to acheive want you want. The hardware wasn't designed for what you are asking so in turn neither was the software. Duplicating and transmitting keystrokes over the network would be the easiest way to go and thanks to Max or PD it's incredibly easy to do (especially if you are already operating within that environment). If you are familiar with c/c++ it wouldn't take much more effort to pass a char to another machine.

What platform are you working under?

_chip