[microsound] dsp processes: packages or plug ins for the voice

Hi guys,

I have been trying to find some tools to process my voice for a while now but have so far been unable to find exactly what i need.

I am interested in processing my voice in the same way as some of the radiohead tracks off  of kid a and amnesiac (pulk pull revolving doors),  like schnieder tm has used on his cover of the smiths track "there is a light....", and also that new track by the soft pink truth called confessions (you can hear it on the magic/accident label website) has some interesting vocal processes.

I have got native instruments vocator package, but i have only been able to get realy harsh sounding vocoding effects which seem to cloud all the plosives in speech (like s's, p's, and so on) rendering the speech pretty difficult to decipher.

Anyway, if someone out there could recomend a package or cheap plugs in (i use pro tools by the way), i would really appreciate it.

thanks, morgan