Re: [microsound] lemur dancefloor?

For hardware hackers with some imagination, the Wacom Cintiq 15 has a larger, better quality screen, and is $1000 cheaper. The only catch is, Wacom's use special pens, which means you would need to gut some wacom pens and tape them to your fingertips. However (for those who have used Wacom tablets before), they can sense pressure, rotation, and work an inch or two above the surface, not just when touching it. And, the tablet itself is just an lcd screen, so you can avoid the Lemur's exceedingly limited set of controllers, and pretty much do whatever you want. If I had my way (and the money to do any of this), I'd spend that leftover $1000 building a set of black leather PowerGloves, maybe with some slick black-light stripes ala Tron.

- Scott Carver