Re: [microsound] Microsound t-shirts available

I play a video while I'm performing.. otherwise I've thought about
having go-go dancers.

I saw Aphex twin in Chicago and he sat on a couch for most of the
"performance" and then at one point some people in fun fur outfits came
onto stage and rool around and humped one another.. that was fairly
amusing.

--- xe non <xenone23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> electronic musicians seem to have had this problem with the
> performative aspects of sullen guys with bad posture standing or
> sitting behind keyboards for a long time now?
>
> is there something inherent in laptop or microsund's various
> philosophies that discourages breaking out the eyeliner so to speak?
>
> im thinking about tangerine dreams response - complex light/laser
> shows and venue choices ( cathedrals )
>
> gary numan - elaborate stage sets and remote control props
>
> ymo - took the the kraftwerk uniform thing to new heights
>
> and i remember in the late 80's that a number of EBM/new beat acts
> fronted performance artists or had lead singers that incorperated
> aspects of performance art into thier movememtns...dirk ivens ( the
> klinik ) and that guy from 'a split second' come most immediately to
> mind ( what ever happened to performance art by the way?)
>
> what do people here do?
>
> xe
>
> aleks vasic <bvasic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Do Dj's seems dead when they perform? How bout dj's who use a
> computer for their sets? Does the fact that a DJ is in the dark help
> people percieve his/her performance better because he/she is not the
> focal point? What about Dj's who mix in a well lit room, or play a
> set
> off of a lap top? I always found the difference between a DJ set and
> Laptop performer negligible, wether i could see them perform in a
> well
> lit room or a dimly lit one.
>
> aLEKs
>
> On Nov 2, 2005, at 5:36 PM, David @ Audiobulb wrote:
>
> > provocative t-shirts can be fun
> >
> > and laptop musicians often do look dead
> >
> > (i think its the screen glow)
> >
> > but the music sounds alive
> >
> > and this lack of visual performance has been covered already by Kim
> >
> > i'm playing dead music twice this month :)
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Thomson"

01010000011010000110100101101100001000000101010001101000011011110110110