Re: [microsound] Microsound t-shirts available

electronic musicians seem to have had this problem with the performative aspects of sullen guys with bad posture standing or sitting behind keyboards for a long time now?

is there something inherent in laptop or microsund's various philosophies that discourages breaking out the eyeliner so to speak?

im thinking about tangerine dreams response - complex light/laser shows and venue choices ( cathedrals )

gary numan - elaborate stage sets and remote control props

ymo - took the the kraftwerk uniform thing to new heights

and i remember in the late 80's that a number of EBM/new beat acts fronted performance artists or had lead singers that incorperated aspects of performance art into thier movememtns...dirk ivens ( the klinik ) and that guy from 'a split second' come most immediately to mind ( what ever happened to performance art by the way?)

what do people here do?

xe

aleks vasic <bvasic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do Dj's seems dead when they perform? How bout dj's who use a
computer for their sets? Does the fact that a DJ is in the dark help
people percieve his/her performance better because he/she is not the
focal point? What about Dj's who mix in a well lit room, or play a set
off of a lap top? I always found the difference between a DJ set and a
Laptop performer negligible, wether i could see them perform in a well
lit room or a dimly lit one.

aLEKs