Re: [microsound] i know this has been said before but....

While you certainly have some valid points, many of them are non relevant to my comment.

I listened to the _entirety_ of the piece in question despite the annoying 30-second-at-a-time-chunk presentation available on the website.
(one highly lauded, mind you, by the original poster). I even looked around for the whole piece elsewhere.

In short, I listened to it in detail hoping for something great. And I made an effort to do so.

I'm _firmly_ of the opinion that output speaks for itself.
And this output did.
It told me in no uncertain terms -
'Hi, I'm a long mediocre track that, while others might like me, is not for you Mr. Hollis"

I first and foremost was not impressed with its aesthetics; originality, mood evoked, textures created, etc.

The technical laziness is secondary.
And I do feel that it was that.

Your mileage may vary.
Whatever.